The moon for the month of Shawwal is expected to be seen on Monday July 28th, 2014 therefore the 1st of Shawwal will be Tuesday, July 29th, 2014.
Important Dates of the Month: * 1st (July 29th) – Eid-ul-Fitr * 8th (August 5th) (IJA will commemorate on August 7th) – Yaum-e-Gham/Demolition of Jannat-ul-Baqi
Announcements and Updates
- The 2014 Membership fees are due. Please see the treasurer, Br. Mohammad Iqbal, in regards to this.
- IJA encourages everyone that is interested in sponsoring that on regular Thursday programs, the cost will be under $200 for total sponsorship (excluding big nights like Wiladat’s or Shahadat’s)
- There is a “Leadership Conference” in Vancouver on August 29th, 2014. IJA will cover up to $350 per person from the age of 18-26. Please see anyone from the Board if interested. Results have to be shown after attending the conference.
- The 3 Merit Scholarships that IJA offered to Elementary, Middle & High students will be presented and honored on Eid-e-Ghadeer. The deadline for to submit for these scholarships were July 15th, 2014.
All Thursday Programs will start at 8:25PM with the following:
- 8:25PM Salaat
- 8:55PM Dua-e-Kumail / Sura-e-Yaseen
- 9:25PM English Lecture
- 9:55PM Urdu Lecture
- 10:25PM Niaz
We kindly request that members please attend on time to end the program on time at 10:25pm.
Please help sponsor these events by contacting:
Br. Shahid Rizvi at 305-556-0336 or 786-479-9369**